UNMATCHED FIBER MONITORING SOLUTION
- Truly scalable from one stand-alone unit to a centrally managed system, without the hassle of any upgrades
- Adaptive technology that sets the best possible fault detection thresholds while reducing false positives; requires no OTDR experience or previous knowledge of the fi ber under test
- Add test ports without adding rack space
- System is compliant with NEBS™ for 24/7 permanent installations
- Fiber can be put on surveillance with just two clicks, upon commissioning or after repair
- System remote diagnosis and management, as found in server equipment (BMC)
- High OTDR performance throughout all operation ranges, as opposed to just the longest pulse width
Self-Learning, Plug-and-Play Unit
Fiber Guardian is a plug-and-play solution that is simple enough for beginners, yet powerful and flexible enough for experts. The unit doesnot require any additional infrastructure, i.e., no server or external PC—just a LAN/WAN connection and a web browser for remote access.
If you have limited knowledge of the fault-detection thresholds required for a new fiber, simply select the appropriate sensitivity level desired—fine, normal or coarse—and Fiber Guardian will take care of the rest. A diagnostic process with adaptive learning algorithmsoptimally determines where your selected level of fault-detection thresholds can and cannot be applied on the trace.If you own a competing solution and are tired of it producing alarms for no reason, or annoyed by its lengthy and fully manual event by event threshold setting process, Fiber Guardian is for you.
Take the More Preventive Approach
Fiber Guardian is a multiport OTDR unit with the capability to first record a reference condition on each connected fiber, and thenexecute further tests to detect and precisely locate any deviation from the initial condition. Testing can be executed on demand,continuously, or on a programmed schedule. The types of tests supported range from simple, remotely executed OTDR tests totrend analysis spanning days or months on complete cable systems.
- OTDR testing: Performs unplanned and fully manual tests with a results download.
- On-demand testing: A test can be triggered manually over the web UI, or automatically using a simple network management protocol (SNMP) command in the case of any management system reporting a link down or service interruption condition.
- 24/7 monitoring: All fi bers are checked one at a time for any degradation, in repeated cycles typically ranging from 10 seconds to 45 seconds. Only fault-related events are stored, and short-message service (SMS), e-mail or SNMP traps are sent out immediately.
- Scheduled testing: Tests can be set for predefi ned times and at repeated intervals (daily, weekly, etc.), with all results stored for historical analysis.
- Cable analysis (template): Same as scheduled testing, but will force testing on every splice/section of a cable, then assemble all test results into a single, organized .csv fi le.